Have you introduced chemicals that are categorised as exempted? You may need to submit a post-introduction declaration
If you introduced certain types of chemicals that were categorised as exempted during the 2021-22 registration year, you must submit separate post-introduction declarations for these chemicals.
These once-off declarations only apply after you introduce the following exempted introductions for the first time:
- polymers of low concern (PLCs)
- low-concern biopolymers
- chemicals that you have categorised as very low risk for human health and the environment
You can submit your post-introduction declarations for the 2021-22 year from 1 August 2022.
Sign into your AICIS Business Services account from 1 August 2022 and go to the ‘Post-Introduction Declaration’ tile. For detailed instructions, see our page on post-introduction declarations for exempted introductions.
- You must submit a separate post-introduction declaration for each chemical categorised as very low risk for human health and the environment that you introduce in a registration year.
- You must submit a separate post-introduction declaration for the total number of PLCs that you introduce in a registration year and a separate declaration for the total number of low-concern biopolymers that you introduce in a registration year.
- You can submit your post-introduction declarations from 1 August 2022.
- The due date to submit them is 30 November 2022.
- Your post-introduction declarations cover the period 1 September 2021 to 31 August 2022.
Need to know more?
Learn more on our post-introduction declarations for exempted introductions page. It has step-by-step instructions on how to submit your declarations online, plus a video (with screenshots) that guides you through the process.