We invite you to search our chemical assessments using the new beta search tool
Our assessments look at the human health and the environmental risks of chemicals that are imported or manufactured in Australia. We use this information to make risk management recommendations to regulators and standard-setting bodies in federal, state and territory governments.
You can search our assessments by CAS number, CAS name or assessment name – or you can put in a keyword that you know for the chemical, such as a product name.
Our new (beta) assessment search features:
- wildcard search – this advanced search lets you use the asterisk (*) wildcard character to find words that start with or end with particular characters or contain a set of characters
- column sorting – sort any column in ascending or descending order (one column at a time only)
- the option to sort assessments by type – view assessments with a health focus, environment focus, or both a health and environment focus
- table view – up to 50 results are displayed per page with the assessment name, chemical name, focus, type and link to download the assessment report as a PDF
- ‘download assessments’ button – a quick link to download a snapshot of our assessments (important: the downloadable version of the assessments is updated about twice per year so you need to check when it was last updated)
We'd like to know what you think about the new Inventory search. Use the 'Was this page useful?' form at the bottom of the assessment search page to give us your comments.