Skip to main content

Welcome to the website of the Australian Industrial Chemicals Introduction Scheme (AICIS). We started on 1 July 2020. Read about us.

What is a specific information requirement?

A specific information requirement means you have an obligation to tell us information about your introduction. We add this requirement after we assess a chemical as it can help us manage potential risks.

You must also tell us about any new hazard information if you're introducing a chemical we've already assessed or evaluated. You must do this within 20 working days from when you become aware of the new hazard.

This includes:

  • any new hazards that we haven't identified from the introduction or use of the chemical in our most recent assessment or evaluation statement
  • if there's an increase in the severity of a hazard we've already identified in our most recent assessment or evaluation statement

Your information will help us decide if we need to reassess a chemical. Any reassessments we do are called an 'evaluation'. There is no fee for an evaluation.

How do I report my information?

Submit your information using this online form

Can I still introduce the chemical if I've met all other listing terms/obligations?

Yes you can import or manufacture the chemical. We'll review the information you've given us and will contact you if we need further information.

Was this page helpful?
For broken links or technical issues, please provide as much detail as possible. Do not include your name, email address and other personal or commercially sensitive information.

Keep informed with updates