Decision tool – Hazard characteristics for environment exposure band 1
This decision tool is related to step 5.4 and 5.5 of the process to categorise your chemical introduction.
Note: If you wish to save your completed decision tool as a PDF, select the print option in your browser and choose ‘Save as PDF’ or ‘Microsoft Print to PDF’. For Safari users, click 'File' and 'Export to PDF'.
Who should use this?
This decision tool only applies for introductions with an environment exposure band of 1. If your introduction is in environment exposure band 1, you can use this decision tool to help you work out:
- if your chemical has certain environment hazard characteristics
- your introduction's indicative environment risk
There are 1‐10 questions depending on your circumstances.
We want to make these tools useful for you. Help us improve them by giving us your feedback.
This tool refers to the Industrial Chemicals Categorisation Guidelines.
What you need to know
Information about the following for your chemical:
- does it contain cadmium, lead or mercury
- is it ozone depleting
- is it a synthetic greenhouse gas
- does it have adverse effects mediated by an endocrine mode of action
- is it persistent, bioaccumulative and toxic
- is it very toxic to any aquatic life
- is it persistent and bioaccumulative
- is it on the list of chemicals with high hazards for categorisation