Skip to main content

Renew your registration for 2024-25! Registration is open on AICIS Business Services for the coming registration year (1 September 2024 - 31 August 2025).

Getting started: registration, importing and manufacturing

If you manufacture or import industrial chemicals – or products that contain industrial chemicals – then you must register with us.

A quick outline of what you need to do if you're planning to introduce (import or manufacture) industrial chemicals – or products that contain industrial chemicals – for commercial purposes.
This is a decorative image only

An introduction means the importation or manufacture of an industrial chemical in Australia. An importer or manufacturer of industrial chemicals is an ‘introducer’.
Image of colourful shipping containers

Registration depends on whether you're importing or manufacturing industrial chemicals (and products that contain industrial chemicals) for personal, hobby or commercial use.
man in casual wear working from home office

We define an article as a finished good that is designed for a particular purpose and that does not release a chemical during use.
Decorative image only

You’ll need to register your business with us if your imported goods contain industrial chemicals and any tariff classifications in our table apply to the goods you’re importing.
Image of a stamp and the word tariff
Was this page helpful?
For broken links or technical issues, please provide as much detail as possible. Do not include your name, email address and other personal or commercially sensitive information.

Keep informed with updates