Skip to main content

AICIS Business Services will be unavailable due to upgrades from Tuesday 23 July 6:00pm (AEST) to Tuesday 23 July 11:00pm (AEST).

Translating foreign documents

If you need to submit any documents to us that are not in English, you must also provide an English translation from an approved or accredited translator.

What do I need if my documents are not in English?

  1. An English translation of the document along with the original document.
  2. A statement from an accredited or approved translator indicating that it is a true and accurate translation of the original document. It must also include the translator’s full name and official stamp or seal or translator’s identification number.

What translation services can I use?

If you’re in Australia

Contact the National Accreditation Authority for Translators and Interpreters (NAATI) for a list of professional accredited translators.

If you’re overseas

The International Federation of Translators (IFT) provide a list of translation associations, some approved by authorities to provide certified translations.

Last updated
Was this page helpful?
For broken links or technical issues, please provide as much detail as possible. Do not include your name, email address and other personal or commercially sensitive information.

Keep informed with updates