Apply to include new animal test data in your application for an assessment certificate
Use this form to apply for approval to include new animal test data in your application for an assessment certificate.
days to process
form(s) in AICIS Business Services
we do not charge for this service
Under our laws, new animal test data are any data obtained from tests conducted on a cephalopod or any live vertebrate animal (other than a human being) on or after 1 July 2020. For example, this includes data obtained from tests conducted on fish, but does not include data obtained from tests on daphnia. You can continue to use data obtained from tests conducted on animals prior to 1 July 2020.
Are you eligible to apply?
You can apply if:
- your introduction has multiple end uses (including in cosmetics)
- you don't meet our exception criteria
- you don't have alternative data to animal test data
Before going any further with your application, you must check:
- exception criteria
- to see if you can use acceptable alternatives to animal test data
so you understand when prohibitions and restrictions on using new animal test data don't apply
If you are making a joint application, all applicants must submit their own application form. Please indicate on the application form if you are making a joint application.
Note, an agent cannot submit the application on your behalf.
About this application
- You can submit a joint application, but we can’t process the application until all applicants submit their own form.
- An agent cannot submit this form on behalf of the applicant.
If some of the information cannot be disclosed to the applicant, follow the instructions in the PDF form under 'Downloads'.
Information you need to tell us
- Chemical details - the proper name (CAS or IUPAC) or CAS number of the chemical if these are known to you
- Alternatively, tell us the names you use to refer to your chemical
- If you wish to use the data to identify a human health characteristic
- which characteristic is the data for (eg skin sensitisation, eye damage see form for full list)
- details of any exposure or potential exposure to humans of your chemical in its non-cosmetic end use
- If you wish to use the data to identify an environment hazard characteristic
- which characteristic is the data for (eg persistent, biocumulative and toxic - see form for full list)
- details of any exposure or potential exposure to the environment of your chemical in its end use
- If you are flagging any of the information you give us as confidential business information
Completing the application form
To view and use fillable forms, you need:
- Adobe Reader version 5.0 or higher [https://get.adobe.com/uk/reader/]
We aim to provide documents in an accessible format. If you're having problems using a document with your accessibility tools, please contact us for help.
Step 1: Download the application form and fill out the required information.
Step 2: Make sure you save it to your hard drive as a PDF. Click File > Save and select a location for the file.
Step 3: Log into AICIS Business Services with your username and password, or create an account if you don’t have one.
Step 4: Click on the ‘Other applications’ tab, then click on ‘create a new application’. From the drop down list of applications, select ‘Use animal test data to work out your chemical's introduction category’.
Step 5: Click on ‘Upload Form’ and upload your saved application and any supporting documents, if required.
Step 6: Click ‘submit’.
If we don't approve your application
If you don't agree with our decision, you may ask us to reconsider our decision. You must submit a written request to the Executive Director within 20 working days of receiving our decision.