What your inventory search results will show
If you find your chemical on the Inventory, you can introduce it as long as your business is registered with us and your introduction is authorised under any terms set out on the Inventory.
What the Inventory will tell you about your chemical
Chemical identity information
- CAS name - the proper chemical name using the Chemical Abstracts Service (CAS) nomenclature
- CAS number - the chemical's unique numerical identifier
- Molecular formula (if available) - identifies each type of element by its chemical symbol; identifies the number of atoms of each element found in 1 discrete molecule
- Associated chemical names (if available) - common or other names that the chemical is known by or
- AICIS approved chemical name (AACN)
Regulatory obligations and restrictions
An Inventory listing for a chemical may also include defined scope of assessment, conditions of introduction or use or specific information requirements. You must check each obligation and restriction.