Annual declaration for all introducers
At the end of every registration year, you'll need to provide certain information and confirm that your chemical introductions were authorised under our laws. We call this an ‘annual declaration’.
What is an annual declaration
This is a declaration you make about the industrial chemicals you imported or manufactured during the previous registration year. It’s an opportunity to confirm that your introductions were authorised under our laws.
You’ll need to answer a few simple questions and complete a legal declaration via our online form.
Learn more by watching our video – What is an annual declaration?
Download our information sheet
Our information sheet provides an overview of annual declarations. Click on the image to view and download the PDF file:
When you must submit an annual declaration
Your annual declaration is due by 30 November following the end of our registration year: 1 September - 31 August.
Your annual declaration is separate to any other reporting obligations you may have for your introduction.
- For certain types of exempted introductions, you’ll also need to submit a once-off ‘exempted introduction declaration’.
- For reported introductions, you’ll also need to submit a once-off ‘pre-introduction report’ before importing or manufacturing the chemical in Australia.
Who must submit an annual declaration
The registered importer or manufacturer who introduced the chemicals during the previous registration year must submit the annual declaration.
What information do I submit?
Your annual declaration will include:
- the introduction categories for the chemicals you imported or manufactured during our registration year
- a declaration that all of your introductions were authorised under sections 25 to 30 of the Commonwealth's Industrial Chemicals Act 2019.
Note: Your first annual declaration is due by 30 November 2021 and covers the period from 1 July 2020 to 31 August 2021.
How do I submit an annual declaration?
The annual declaration form for the 2020-21 registration year will be available on AICIS Business Services to registered businesses only from 1 August 2021.
Step 1: Log on to the AICIS Business Services online portal and go to the Annual Declaration tile.
Step 2: Click on ‘Submit annual declaration’ in the Actions column next to the relevant registration year.
Step 3: Select all the introduction categories that apply to the chemicals you imported or manufactured during the registration year. (All importers and manufacturers must follow our Categorisation Guide to work out their introduction category.)
If you only imported or manufactured chemicals that were categorised as listed and reported, select the boxes next to ‘Listed Introductions’ and ‘Reported Introductions’.
If you don't know which box to tick, you'll need to go back and categorise each chemical that you introduced. This applies to ready-made cosmetics, too. For help, see our guide to categorising your chemical importation and manufacture.
Step 4: Check the declaration boxes to indicate that:
- all of your introductions were authorised under sections 25 to 30 of the Industrial Chemicals Act 2019.
- the information you have given is true, correct and complete
Step 5: Enter your name and job title.
Step 6: Click 'submit'.
You can view all of your annual declarations in the AICIS Business Services online portal.