Decision tool – Work out if your introduction is automatically categorised as exempted
This decision tool is related to step 2 of the process to categorise your chemical introduction.
Optional: If you’d like to save or print your completed decision tool for your own records, click on ‘Chemical identity’ before Question 1 and enter your chemical’s name or CAS number. Note that a copy of a completed decision tool is not sufficient to meet your record-keeping obligations. To save as a PDF, select the print option in your browser and choose ‘Save as PDF’ or ‘Microsoft Print to PDF’. For Safari users, click 'File' and 'Export to PDF'.
Who should use this?
This decision tool will help you determine if your introduction is in the exempted category. There are 2‐8 questions depending on your circumstances. This tool refers to the Industrial Chemicals Categorisation Guidelines and Industrial Chemicals General Rules.
Help us improve these tools by giving us your feedback.
What you need to know
Information about the following:
- does your introduction meet the criteria for an introduction that is imported then exported
- does your introduction meet the criteria for low volume research and development
- does your introduction meet the criteria for a polymer comparable to a listed polymer
- does your introduction meet the criteria for a chemical comparable to a listed chemical
- does your introduction meet the criteria for a polymer of low concern (PLC)
- does your introduction meet the criteria for meets the criteria for introduction of a low concern biological polymer
- does your chemical meet the criteria for a chemical resulting from non‐functionalised surface treatment of listed chemicals