Skip to main content

Using a Canadian report in your certificate application

If you're applying for an assessment certificate and the chemical was previously assessed in Australia or overseas, check our updated guidance to see if you're eligible to apply for a 'comparable hazard assessment'.

On this page, we:

  • list names of trusted local and overseas assessment bodies
  • describe the formal process for obtaining a Canadian assessment report for your comparable hazard certificate application.

Canadian reports from ECCC and Health Canada

For Canadian assessments, we only accept reports from Environment and Climate Change Canada (ECCC) / Health Canada (HC) and you must follow the protocol to release the Canadian report to us.

This process includes the Canadian notifier completing and sending an 'Authority to release assessment report to AICIS' to Canadian authorities.

See full instructions and download the authority template 

Published date
Was this page helpful?
For broken links or technical issues, please provide as much detail as possible. Do not include your name, email address and other personal or commercially sensitive information.

Keep informed with updates