Record-keeping for reported introductions - 10 kg or less in a registration year
This page applies to introductions of chemicals at 10 kg or less in a registration year, where all criteria to be categorised as reported – 10 kg or less, at step 3 of the categorisation process are met.
Use our glossary if you need to check on any terminology.
Records you must keep
You must keep records for 5 years, even if you stop introducing the chemical.
- Written or electronic record of the chemical names that you provided in your pre-introduction report.
- The names of any products containing your chemical that you have imported into Australia.
- Records to show that the criteria reported introduction - 10 kg or less, at step 3 of the categorisation process are met.
- You need to hold the information that gave you confidence that each criterion to be categorised as reported is met.
- We provide some information on the types of information that you could hold in Step 3 of our Categorisation Guide, such as shipping records.
- We will provide further examples of information that you can provide, on request, soon.”